Welcome to my article about how to get paid working online in 2021!
Getting paid online isn’t some distant, out of reach venture, it is possible for everyone! Whether you want to generate a second stream of income or you want to work online full time, this article will give you 10 ways that you can make money online in 2021!
Quick note: Be aware of scammers and other baits that you get online. It’s easy to fall prey to those scams – these 10 ways are methods that are legit and actually work!
- Top 10 ways to make money online
- Final Thoughts
One of the most successful ways anyone makes money online is by having a website and a brand. Now, you may say that it’s too tech-y and you’re not that kind of person. But, we’re in the era where it literally takes 30 seconds to build a website and for free!
You’ll lean how to make money here by selling your products, affiliate marketing, selling advertising space, etc.
Keep reading and you’ll see the top 10 ways that people get paid online today!
Creating a blog is one of the easiest and potentially a very profitable income making techniques online. You need to begin by figuring out your niche first so that you can build your brand.
Remember, there are over 10,000’s businesses online making multi-million dollars by a blog site. One great example is the Huffington Post that is valued currently at $300 million!!
Things to remember when you’re starting off though
- Find a niche that you’re interested in – without having interest in it, you’re likely to quit quickly
- Think long term – you won’t make money in a month or two with a blog
- Post regularly – if you don’t post regularly, the readers will lose interest and just go somewhere else
- Publish quality content – there is just too much stuff in the internet. A quality and well thought out blog will really engage readers
- Use Keyword tactics to rank higher – this will allow you to reach a bigger traffic hence bringing in more readers
Be mindful of these when you start off. Once you get going, you’ll figure and learn new things your own way!
Once you get a blog going, there are many ways to monetize your blog.
- Selling Advertising space – this might take a little bit of time because you need 100,000s of traffic before you can sustain an income from just this stream. But, it’s a good way to earn some money.
- Being an affiliate of products – this is one of the ways to make money quicker. If you choose the right products, you can quickly begin to earn a full time income within a year.
- Sell your own courses – if you’re already a trained individual in a niche, you can easily amplify your reach through your blog posts. Do it right, you can be making a ton of money in a quick time.
One bad side I see with this option is that you do need to have consistent work ethic and need to be willing to write consistently. Writing isn’t hard once you learn the concepts, but being disciplined is.
If you’re someone that doesn’t like to write too much, this option might be a good fit. Mind you, it still requires you to write – but you might only need to commit to that for 6 months to a year.
If you have good content in your blog or a website and it has good potential, someone will be more than willing to take it off of your hands. This is particularly good if you don’t want to take the burden of publishing continuous content and managing the website daily.
You could easily get above $10,000 if you have a good traffic flowing into your website.
A few things that the ‘buyer’ might look for:
- How long has the site been there for – most likely they will check your site trust
- How much profit are you making – what future potential does it have
- Is there traffic in your site – and what amount? Is there potential to get higher traffic
- Has the site been improving over the months?
The list could differ depending on who is looking to buy the website and what their requirements are. It might also take time for someone to give you an offer – but it’s absolutely doable if you want to go this route.
Affiliate marketer is essentially someone that sells other people’s products and gets a commission as a result. It’s a very lucrative option if you are willing to put in the work.
It might not look like a very big revenue maker at the offset, but this industry has one of the largest amounts of multi-millionaires coming out of it. It’s no easy piece of cake though.
One of the sites, Wealthy Affiliate, that teaches people how to be successful at affiliate marketing says it requires a heavy work of at least 4-6 months before you can start generating any revenue. Within 1-2 years though, you could be looking at making 4 figure income.
Few things to remember if you want to be an affiliate marketer:
- Choose niches and affiliate programs that fit your interest – it’s hard to promote something that you don’t enjoy
- Be ready to put in tons of work without any pay upfront – the rewards come in after 1-2 years so if you’re not someone that is okay with that, this might not be a good option
- Be ready to be fully committed – half-commitment leads to you quitting quickly. Either go all in, or don’t go in at all.
Each affiliate marketing program has different criteria but getting education and training is important if you want to go this route.
Free Lesson on Affiliate Marketing: Lesson 1 - Getting Started Lesson 2 - How Does Making Money Online Work Lesson 3 - Digging Into Your Niche Lesson 4 - Creating Your Own Niche Website Lesson 5 - Making Your Website Better Lesson 6 - Placing Your Website in Search Engines Lesson 7 - Crafting Your First Content In Your Website Lesson 8 - Making Custom Menus on Your Website Lesson 9 - Getting a Full Grasp of Keywords Lesson 10 - Congrats on Completing Level 1 - Now to Level 2 Here's My Top Recommended Training >>>
Nowadays there are so many online websites that literally will allow you to make money by using your skills to teach someone. Guess what? There are 4.7 billion internet users daily.
Tons and tons of people are craving for lessons. If you have something that you feel you’re good at teaching, this could be a very promising method to earn revenue.
Because of the internet, there is a larger market for you than ever!
Some good freelance websites include:
There are a ton more that pop up everyday – but these are some of the promising ones.
Few things to keep in mind here too:
- Make sure you have a niche you target on – don’t go in a freelancing world trying to be teaching everything. You will not get enough market for a generalist. You need to be specialized into a topic.
- Remember to build your credibility by getting reviews – if you get a gig, make sure you do it well so you get good reviews from that person. Once you have good reviews, people will trust you more.
- Spend time to get good at your craft – learn and get trainings yourself before you teach others. You need to be a professional if someone is going to pay you to learn from you.
There maybe other things that will pop up as well as you get started with freelancing online depending on your niche. If you’re already trained at a skill though, you’ll have a much easier chance of getting ahead with this option.
Do you like taking pictures? Maybe you already have a great instagram page where you have tons of pictures.
If this is the case, this option might be good for you. With people producing so much content online, everyone needs good pictures – and if they are really good, people will pay you for these.
Some of the top websites that buy your photos are:
- iStock Photo
- Getty Images
- Adobe Stock
Once you have a pictures, you can easily sell your pictures. It would be wise to look through some of the niche options so you target those instead of taking pictures of random stuff.
There are literally millions of niches, and some of them are probably higher in demand with less supply. If you do a little bit of research, you can really be the commander in that niche and rake in cash.
Few things to keep in mind:
- You might need to show some of your pictures or work that you’ve done in some programs
- Some pictures might not give you much money – but if you have a lot of good ones, and not much competition in that niche, you might be able to ask for a higher price
- It’s easy for someone to copy your idea – since it’s openly available, it’s very easy for someone to take your niche idea if they see that there aren’t many options available in the market
Youtube has become one of the most visited websites in the world. It’s used by over 30 million people daily with each one spending more than 40 minutes!
This gives chance for a huge advertising space, which is how a lot of people make money through YouTube. If you already have a blog or a website, you can also drive traffic into those website with a channel.
A few things to keep in mind:
- Although it sounds easy, like when you start blogging, it requires a lot of grinding and hard work at the initial stages. You probably will see months without many viewers or traffic – so you need to be self motivated
- There’s too much competition nowadays – so it’s very critical to find a good niche that is likely to attract audience
- You need to post regularly – meaning there probably won’t be too many off days for you, at least in the beginning
- Use a good camera! Nowadays, it’s easy to find good camera even with a phone, but make sure you put in effort to make it look professional – if it doesn’t look good, your traffic will go somewhere else
- Make it entertaining! Try to engage the audience and make it fun – make it interactive!
You probably have already seen other YouTubers that have millions of followers – this is the exact same tactic they used! It is a great way to generate income for sure.
There are tons and tons of multi-millionaires from YouTube, so go this route if you are willing to work hard and are okay with camera.
This can be used in multiple platforms depending on where your traffic is coming in from.
If you have a website or a blog, you can put up ads there which will literally pay you without your audience even buying anything. Some pay you with how many views you get, others with how many clicks you can get.
Google Adsense is probably the most common and easy to use. Some may think this is a lucrative option since the traffic doesn’t need to pay anything for you to get paid.
Here’s the thing though. You probably need 100,000’s of people looking into your site for you to generate enough income from this alone.
Since the audience doesn’t need to pay anything for you to get paid, you probably will only get a few cents to a $2 per click or per view. If you have a big audience, this can amass to a lot. If you’re just started out, you won’t make much.
But this can be a great way to earn income long term once you have audience – you can rake in money without people even buying anything!
Similar to freelancers online, tons of people are interested to pay money to learn things. This is slightly different than the freelancer option described above.
With freelancing, you need to do work one-to-one and need to interact with clients. Although you can do this with a digital course too, you can also just make pdfs or video series that you send it to people.
A few websites that allow you to sell digital courses would be:
There are others as well online, but these seems to be the one that has a lot of traffic and members already looking to buy the courses online.
A few things to keep in mind:
- There will be a lot of work that needs to be put in upfront before you can sell anything – you need a good course in order for people to buy
- This could mean a few months of no pay and some expenses to make your course look good
- Remember to catch your niche again – 100,000s of people are looking to buy courses, but perhaps just as many are ready to sell it. Try to see where you can leverage your skill.
A great thing about selling a digital course is that there is no cap to your income. You can keep building digital courses and selling it to people!
Amazon is the biggest Ecommerce site out there in the world! According to the statistics, 50% of the items that people buy online are bought thorough Amazon!!
It’s a seller’s paradise because if you got a product, you can guarantee that there your buyer will come into Amazon to buy your product.
With Amazon, you can see which products are selling well – and if you’re smart about it, find products that are cheaper somewhere else, and sell it in Amazon. You can make a bank out of this strategy!
This guy makes SIX FIGURE income by just using that same strategy!
- You need to figure out the right stuff to sell before buying it at a cheaper price – last thing you want to do is have a lot of stuff that you don’t need that you can’t sell either
- You may need to have a storage space if you’ll be shipping it yourself – unless you find a manufacturer that dropship the products for you.
- You might need to invest some capital with this option – for people on a shoe-string budget, this might not be the best option as you could also lose money if you don’t do it right
I’d say if you are someone that finds this appealing and has a little bit of cash on hand, this is a great way to make money quick. You can buy a lot of stuff and sell a lot of them quickly at a big margin.
Domain names are the biggest commodities in the market right now. With internet booming and more and more people wanting to get a brand of themselves, having a good domain name is what everyone wants!
A good domain name can build trust, increase traffic and more important allow you to generate higher revenue.
If you’re someone that has a good knack for names and figuring out what the market needs, this option can be very profitable. And, it is very simple as well.
Companies like GoDaddy or Namecheap are some of the popular ones out there that you can flip your domain names quickly and get paid.
Few things to keep in mind:
- It’s unlikely that you’ll be able to sell that domain name off for a big profit quickly – chances are, if it could be sold quickly, someone would have already bought it.
- You need to be actively engaged with the news and tending hot topics – in order to grab a potential desired domain name, you need to be ahead of the market. You need to be able to foresee what might be needed 6 months to a year down the line.
- It probably won’t be something that you can make full time income from immediately – Yes, there are millionaires from domain flipping, but if you’re just starting out, it would be tough for your to get a scoop in the market
But if you’re into flipping things, this might be for you. Some people have used their strategy of flipping houses or flipping cars into this and made a bank quickly.
One main theme that you might have seen in all these points is that making money online isn’t an overnight success – at least if you want to make a full time living out of it.
There are some scammers online that may tell you that this is possible. Stay away from them! Real money requires time, because online businesses require customers to trust you before they jump onto what you have to say.
If you’re serious about getting a full time earning online though, it is 100% possible. Think about what you’re interested in, find a niche that fits in that topic, and get moving!
What are your thoughts and what was your favorite? Comment down below!
Parmi is a young entrepreneur who started GetPaidWorkingOnline website to help folks from every corner of the world make a living online. Parmi is a trained affiliate from Wealthy Affiliate, which is a community designed to help anyone make an online business with zero experience! Read his story here.